We're living in a day and time where folks don't want to take the time and effort
to work toward long-term goals.
July 9th, 2000, Sunday Evening
"Pursuit of Perfect Peace"
Unlike the fads on T.V., this is the genuine article
OPENING: Isaiah 26:3, KJV
- EXAMPLE: The new liberal idea regarding hurt feelings in schools. Billy's
feelings were hurt because Susie got an A and he didn't! Solution: remove the grading
process altogether and just give everyone A's for trying. This is called socialism.
- This scenario was tried before. It was called Jamestown. Everybody was
given the same amount of bread of the work done. Finally, the people working and sweating
wised up and said, "Well then we're not going to work anymore either!" and the experiment
When the rapture occurs, some will be
given the "Crown of Righteousness" because of their Godly works so they may be able to
give it back to Jesus. It would be a sad day if you made it to heaven with no crown
to show your appreciation for what Jesus did for you.
- 2 Timothy 4:8
- 1 Corinthians 3:8
God calls for
peace throughout his Word.
He is THE peacemaker (Isaiah 45:7).
- 2 Timothy 2:22
- Hebrews 12:14
- Colossians 3:15
Isaiah 48:22: However, peace broke when man
transgressed (sinned) against
God. For man is the peacebreaker.
We're all born as an enemy to God because we're born spiritually dead.
FOR PERFECT PEACE, WE NEED PEACE WITH GOD AND PEACE OF GOD
- #1/2: PEACE WITH GOD
- You become friends with God only when you're
born again. What better friend
takes all your sins and pays by having His Father turn against him.
- You can't make peace through personal sacrifice or church membership.
We have to put our trust and faith in Him.
- #2/2: PEACE OF GOD
- You need the peace of God flowing through you and to shine from you.
- We must not be at war but at peace with everyone. This includes loving sinners.
- (1) MUST HAVE PEACE WITH THE SCRIPTURES (the Bible)
- Psalm 119:65: We must love and live according to the scriptures.
Today, Christians leave churches just because of bible content.
- Shame on any Christian who's offended by God's holy and precious Word.
- Some are not sure they can comply with God's Word.
- God never instructs anyone to do anything beyond their physical/mental
- Psalm 85:8: Love God's Word! The scriptures should never
agitate you. You should be at peace and agree with what God has to say to you.
Peace with the scriptures is to submit to it. If you're agitated, perhaps there's something
about God you don't love...
- (2) HAVE TRANQUILITY WITH THE SAINTS (God's people)
- One goal of the church is for all within to be in perfect harmony with
each other. Peace must begin in your church and in your home.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:13
- Romans 12:18
- Proverbs 16:7: This is powerful! Read this verse! Pleasing the Lord puts
you at peace with your enemies!
- God is the peacemaker. He created and will bring you peace "by all
- Isaiah 45:7
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16
PERFECT PEACE IS A RESULT OF:
- (1) Consistent mind on the Lord for "perfect peace"
- Preachers and pastors and popes have aches and pains and faults and
frustrations just like the rest of us. No one's mind can be on the Lord 24-7.
- God is with you everywhere you go. He is
- Consider how prayer is (and should be) begun: "Our Father who art in
heaven". Consider the word "Father." Father brings to mind protector and provider.
- Philippians 4:6-7: God knows how to answer your prayer in
His way--not yours. At times, all of us had our prayer plans laid out and asked God
to do it our way; especially as children. As children it was always, "I want this,
this, and this now. Amen."
- Proverbs 16:7: But remember the cost of this peace is your
obedience to the Lord.
- (2) Peace with the Savior Jesus Christ
- (3) Peace with yourself (Romans 14:22)
Are you at war with the church? Your neighbor? Your enemy? God? Scripture?
Spouse? Children? Society? ...anyone? If so, make peace tonight. You should not
approach God in prayer if you have a grudge with another.