There comes a time when especially faithful church members/families have to move on
to another job/location and leave the church. Then it seems the work of GOD becomes
overwhelming because of those missing bodies. On the contrary, we should always be
motivated to finish our course with joy because of the
sufficiency of our Saviour. However,
you must rely on that source (the Saviour) in order for this to occur.
November 5th, 2000, Sunday Evening
"Sufficiency in our Saviour"
How we already have what we need to survive
OPENING: 2 Corinthians 3:4-5, KJV
SOURCE OF OUR SUFFICIENCY
- 2 Corinthians 3:5: The source is NOT within any person.
It's not within great numbers of members of one church who want to try to get you to
join by the variety of "programs" they have to offer you. The source is GOD.
- 2 Corinthians 3:6: GOD has given us the authority to
minister the New Testament to others. You
don't have to be a pastor to accept this rite. You can be someone who witnesses to others
to try and save them.
- 1 Peter 4:11: We see here GOD is competent in supplying our wants
and needs. Therefore, when we need anything, we look to GOD and want nothing else.
THE SUFFICIENCY, ITSELF
- #1/2: Only GOD is our salvation--our sufficiency
- Today, scientists are trying to achieve immortality outside of GOD by cloning
body parts and procuring medicines and pills to decrease the effects of aging. But
just like the Tower of Babel that man tried to build to reach into heaven
(Genesis 11:1-9), GOD will let man achieve only so far before he will backfire
- Hebrews 7:25: Jesus Christ is our Saviour to the uttermost.
It is through Him, and only Him, that we approach with our needs.
- We need no other Saviour--not James Smith (founder of Mormons), not Mohammed,
not Cleo the psychic, etc...
- HE IS SUFFICIENT FOR OUR SUSTENANCE
- 2 Corinthians 9:8: When you awake in a bad mood or are having a
rotten day, pray to Jesus Christ for piece of mind and a pep in your step and He will
provide. However, the catch is that we must be about His business.
- Even in all our failures and how bad we think we are, GOD still loves us as
much as he loves His Son or the most obedient, faithful Christian on earth!! No matte
how bad your finances or your health is...
- If you lack finances but look to GOD, He will provide and bring back control.
- Just as you get a paycheck from working at a job, GOD provides you the means
to operate your enterprise (i.e., church).
- Whatever you want in life: spouse, house, food, stability, etc.; look to GOD
first before the store and be about the LORD's business. Else, the LORD will look at you
and say, "Why should I give you what you ask for?"
- 2 Corinthians 12:9: There is sufficiency in pain. Because of what
Jesus Christ said, Paul believed Jesus Christ is all he needed--even in suffering.
This may be why GOD may choose not to take away some pains we ask to be taken away.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57-58: Be steadfast
and of good cheer. GOD writes here that all we do for Him is not in vain.
- Philippians 4:13: Sometimes we are tempted to depart from Jesus
Christ. But this verse can dispel that thought from you.
Tonight GOD wants us to look to Him for our every need. Don't be afraid to ask GOD
for His help every day. For if you don't ask or are afraid, is it pride that holds you back.
If you need strength, boldness, if you have family problems, etc.; Look to the
Saviour for the answer.