Psalm 37:3: Do two things for the Lord and He will do two things for you.
These are the four things that will get you through life--happily.
June 28th, 2000, Wednesday Evening
"Resting in the Lord"
(Special Missionary Speaker: Pastor Don Randall)
Give your cares to the Lord so you may rest
OPENING: Psalm 37:3-7, KJV
- It's a blessing to be in His perfect will. There is no bigger blessing.
- We'll always have the strength to do what God tasks us because He would never
task us with anything we could not do.
- No matter the obstacle or issue in your life, God is able. God has
never let us down. We've always let Him down. You may say, "Well God has let me down
when this happened or when this didn't happen." No--he didn't let you down. You just
paid an installment for your sins against Him first.
- Today, the world trusts in things other than the Lord. People often say, "Well
when I get my act together, I'll come to church and get saved" and they never come.
You will get your act together when you get saved.
- Ephesians 2:8-9: And remember, you can't be
saved by doing good works and helping
others. You can only be saved through faith in Christ.
- After being saved, trust in the Lord for salvation and trust daily.
- TRUE STORY of a church in West Virginia that prepared for the "Y2K" day by
stocking up on food, ammo, and kerosene. It boarded up its windows and acquired a steel
door... but all it needed was faith in the Lord because, as we all know, the Y2K bug
did not spell doomsday.
- In Exodus, God rained manna from heaven for the children of Israel to feed them.
If only they had trusted in the Lord, they wouldn't have roamed the desert so many years!
- Verse 3 of Psalm 37 says to "do good"; We can still live for the Lord
in 2000. While it may be a different age and time with evil overwhelming good, it's still
the same sin.
Psalm 37:4: God knows the desires and wishes of our heart.
He will grant yours if delight in the Lord.
The Lord wants us to be delighted and joyful in His law and in the bible.
Some folks in other countries are starving--not just for food
but some people in China would give a year's pay to get a portion of the bible we have
Why stop at bringing the bible back in schools? We need to put it back in
the home. If our children don't see us in the bible, they'll grow without care or
delight for the Lord or his Word.
Some say "ignorance is bliss" but since we have the Word of God to lead us,
we have no excuse not to be informed and learned of the Word.
What's the use in delighting in the Lord? Because the Lord saves,
restores life to those suicidal with life, and He blesses and provides for us.
Psalm 37:5: Committing, in this verse, is to leave 100% your
cares and issues with Him--and God shall deal with it in His own way. Once you leave it
with the Lord, don't put your hands back on it. Just leave it to Him.
- The bible says we have not because we ask not.
Psalm 37:7 which leads to John 14:3. Through all, remember
that no matter how bad this world gets, God is still in control.
"Rest" in the Lord and you will find there is a little heaven here on earth.