Today, society does not want to decide absolute right and wrongs about eternity.
Everything is a "maybe" and a "possibly" and a "perhaps" and a "might" but nothing is ever
an absolute, concrete truth anymore.
December 10th, 2000, Sunday Morning
"Conclusions of a Constrained Christian"
We need to quit being passive and unsure. Be bold and judge!
OPENING: 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, KJV
- Rather, life is simply changeable DNA and compounds.
- Star Trek has a "holodeck" and a "replicator" where people's personal desires
and given them instantaneously without needing to pray before or after.
- There's a push for the wide acceptance of the mathematical "set theory" where
2 + 2 MIGHT NOT = 4!
2 Corinthians 5:14-15: Some Christians don't want to face the
absolute truth (in other words,
"judge" and make a
conclusion) of this passage of scripture.
THE MEANING OF BEING A
- First you have to be a Christian in Jesus Christ
- No person in their RIGHT mind would want to go to hell. Compare hell to where
steel factory workers are--the ones who work right up close where they pour the molten
steel and led.
- Any person who says they're going to hell and going to see their friends there
has not judged and concluded the full, possible outcome of what hell really is.
- Belief is not the intellectual knowledge of facts but rather trusting the
information presented. Therefore, while one can pray NOT to go to hell
does not mean they are saved and now going to heaven.
- A constrained Christian is one who is in Jesus Christ, has experienced the love
of Jesus Christ, and motivated to act upon the Bible and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 7:21: Not only to believe in the Father but to follow
- What is your going to church motivated by?
- Simple, indifferent obedience to the bible in that it's just a duty?
(1 Corinthians 3 deals with that in that false love will just burn up
in smoke during the trial-by-fire of your works)
- Fear of your parents?
- The love of Christ that constraineth you?
- GOD loves you and let Jesus die for your sins. How much more we should be
constrained by Christ's love because of the following scripture:
- Ephesians 2:4-5
- John 3:16
- Romans 5:8: Even at the moment we are sinning, He loves us
- Titus 3:3-5: Don't look for your good works to
BEING CONSTRAINED BY CHRIST'S LOVE LEADS US TO CONCLUDE:
- #1: Jesus Christ DID DIE (2 Corinthians 5:15)
- Today, if you ask, "did Jesus really die on the cross?" you'll find a
greater than 50% of preachers will say, "Well ... see ... Jesus didn't really die.
He passed out and then when he was buried in the tomb, the coldness of it revived him."
- If Jesus Christ didn't really die on the cross and history says that Jesus
did die, then when did He die? (Answer: on the cross)
- #2: Jesus Christ rose from the dead
- 1 Corinthians 15:4-8: We believe He is risen because he was
"seen" by many after he was dead and buried.
INTENT OF THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15: We can conclude He died for...
- All mankind (this means also the souls yet to be born)--that may might be
- Ephesians 2:1
- Colossians 2:13
- Sinners; both saved by grace and
- Stop and think about this. You're walking through the supermarket, or watching
the players of a sports game, or talking to a loved one ... you're seeing either someone
who is bound for heaven or hell.
- Today, too many Christians are living like they're bound for neither. But
it's time to start judging!
- 2 Corinthians 5:15: It's not your life.
You've been bought with a great price. It's the LORD's life through your body with
a free will.
EXTENT OF THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST
- Hebrews 2:9: Jesus died for all sinners because He's rather see
them saved than to criticize and pass the judgment
of hell on them.
- John 14:2: We can't give every homeless man a home. But Christ
can because He died for us so we may go to Heaven and in heaven, all those
saved will have a mansion that Jesus is building
- The moment we are saved, GOD, in effect,
says, "Alright, you live for Me, now."
- We are ambassadors who represent Heaven and the King has issued a decree
that he has an issue with all unbelievers. As such, we should go to these lost and say,
"the King has sent me to you." The treasure of heaven is within us to give to the lost.
- John 3:36: Our job is not to try and convince the lost about
the Gospel but just to inform them. Let GOD work their heart.
- If you choose not to receive Christ as GOD's Son and Saviour of man, you're
- So how do you get to hell? Do nothing, already. How do you get to heaven?
Believe in Jesus--no more, no less (Acts 4:12).
It's time to start judging and put absolute rights/wrongs on issues/events in society.
Proverbs 30:7-9: King David of Israel prayed that he would not be
too blessed by GOD that he would become fat with riches and forget GOD and that he would
not be so poor as to have to steal to survive ... but to give David just enough to so he
could "tell the story (Gospel) one more time."
Stop living for yourself. Live for GOD and His perfect will.